- 4 Fuji apples
- 4 oranges
- 8 Persian cucumbers
- 5 zucchinis/crookneck squashes
- 3 ears of white corn
- 4 potatoes
- 1 head of loose-leaf lettuce
- 1 bunch of carrots
- 1 bunch of mini Maui onions
- green beans
Green Beans with Slivered Almonds
- Blanch washed green beans in boiling water until tender-crisp (~1-2 minutes depending upon the ratio of hot water to beans), drain
- In a separate pan, saute slivered almonds in butter and/or olive oil until almonds are lightly browned
- Add minced garlic and turn down heat
- Add the blanched and drained green beans
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
Cucumber and Tomato Salad
- Cut cucumbers, tomatoes and mozzarella into chunks about 1/2" to 3/4" in size.
- (Optional) Sprinkle with chopped seasonings such as red onion, basil, mint and chives.
- Toss with a vinaigrette of olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper
Lincoln School deliveries begin October 8, 2009. Lincoln families who want a box for October 1, 2009 are welcome to order through Madison School's program. Just download the order form at the top right (under "Want to join?". Fill it out and drop the form and payment off at Neighborhood Grinds by Monday. I collect the orders and place a weekly Tanaka order on Tuesdays for the following Thursday.